Technical overview of CLPA Family of Industrial Automation network
- 10 Mbit/s network transmission
- Based on RS485 with networks up to 1.2 km, or extended to 13.2 km with repeaters
- 64 stations per network
- Refresh time of <3.9mSecs for 65 I/O stations (distance dependent)
- Master/Slave network with Floating Masters and hot swap of stations
- 10 Mbit/s network transmission
- Based on CC-Link
- Can combine Safety devices with standard devices on the same network
- Compliance with IEC 61508 SIL3 and ISO13849-1 Category 4
- 5 Mbit/s network transmission
- Trunk length up to 500m + 200m drop length
- 64 stations per network
- Refresh time of 1.2mSecs for 65 I/O stations (distance dependent)
Flexibility in constructing production lines, using various partner manufacturer products.
CC-Link version description
|Version 1||Original release of CC-Link|
|Version 1.10||This version allowed more convenient inter-station cable lengths of 20 cm or more. This specification change affects network devices and network cables.|
|Version 2.0 (V2)||This version provides an 8-fold increase in the volume of data communication in the system and per station.|
CC-Link cable versions
Cable Version 1.10 is indicated on the cable jacket for Version 1.10 compatible cable.
Instructions for use
Cable Version 1.10 is recommended for use with Version 1.10 or V2 products
If the entire system consists of Version 1.10 or Version 2.0 products, and uses cable Version 1.10, then the required length of each inter-station cable is 20 cm or more.
Different brand cables can be used within a single system.
(See CC-Link Ver. 1.10 specification for Inter-station cable length and maximum overall cable extension length.)
If a system uses either Version 1.00 devices and/or Cable Version 1.00 cable, then follow the CC-Link Version 1.00 specification for inter-station cable length and maximum overall cable extension length.
CC-Link SEMI certified
The open field network is a global standard
CC-Link will continue to provide the benefits of simplified installation and reduced wiring costs in various automation fields including automotive and semiconductor manufacture, conveyor systems and food processing. In addition to these traditional uses, “CC-Link V2” will meet the demand of large volume and deterministic data communication required by areas such as “In-Situ monitor” and “APC” (Advanced Process Control) in semiconductor manufacturing process and “multichannel analog-digital data communication” in instrumentation and control.
CC-Link Ver. 2.00 provides an 8-fold increase in the volume of data communication!
CC-Link V2 Specification
Communication specification (compared with Version 1 **)
A V2 master station is compatible with both V2 slave stations and previous version stations. (However, V1 & V1.10 version slave stations can only be used within the specification of that version. They cannot provide added data volume.)
Compatibility with current version
Specification table of CC-Link V1.10/V2
If the entire system consists of V1.10/V2 devices, this provides benefits as follows:
- The shortest inter-station cable length is 20 cm under all conditions. (when using cable Version 1.10)
- Flexibility of cable length reduces work when wiring devices.
- When devices are mounted adjacent to one another, there is no extra cable required, therefore you can use space more efficiently
- Different brand cables can be used within a single system. If a system uses device stations compatible with Version 1.00, 1.10 and 2.00, and cables compatible with cable Version 1.00 and 1.10, then follow the cable Version 1.00 specification for maximum overall cable extension length and inter-station cable length.
Specifications: T branch
Branch communication specification (Repeater; non-powered T-branch)
Communication specification not described below shall conform to CC-Link specification.
Specification of T-Branch (powered) connections
CC-Link cable Version 1.10 (110W terminators)
CC-Link/LT offers high performance and further reduces wiring
CC-Link/LT is designed for implementation in sensors and actuators and other reduced I/O applications. It simplifies and minimizes wiring for field devices and within control panels. Wiring errors are eliminated. CC-Link/LT is based on the technology of CC-Link. It provides openness, high-speed operation and excellent noise resistance.
- Improved wiring
- Maintaining same high-speed performance as CC-Link
- Small points dispersion
- Smaller I/O
Open Network Technology
- CC-Link/LT utilizes the same open network technology as CC-Link.
- You can make a flexible choice of the optimum devices from multiple vendors to improve the flexibility of system construction.
Needs No Parameter Setting
Slave stations have no need for setting network transmission speed. Only Master stations require speed settings.
Minimize the Number of Unused I/O Addresses
CC-Link/LT reduces the number of unused network addresses. By selecting the most appropriate mode of either 4,8, or 16 I/O points, the most efficient use of network addresses can be attained.
Excellent Noise Immunity
Excellent noise immunity results from employing the same technology used in the field-tested, well-known CC-Link field network.
Easy and efficient network connection
- The popular CC-Link “one-touch” connector enables a fast, reliable connection to the communication cable without the need for special tools. It is extremely easy to add additional network units.
- A specially-designed flat network cable carries both signal and power wiring. This cable reduces the possibility of wiring errors, the time for exchanging units and wiring costs.
No special network commands or addresses are required. CC-Link/LT devices can be treated as “local” I/O.
CC-Link/LT can quickly update all I/O points in as little as 1.2ms at a network speed of 2.5Mbps. 3 rates of communication speeds can be selected (2.5Mbps/625kbps/156kbps), according to the cable distance required for the application.
CC-Link/LT link scan time (at 2.5Mbps)
Safety Field Network using CC-Link Safety
CC-Link High Speed Communication
CC-Link Safety is a safety field network of CC-Link for realizing a safe system architecture. “CC-Link Safety” realizes the same high-speed communication as the original CC-Link and offers RAS functions to provide reliable operation. Thus, “CC-Link Safety” has high degree of compatibility with CC-Link. It is possible to utilize existing assets and equipment such as CC-Link cable or CC-Link remote stations.
CC-Link Safety Features
Safety communication speeds of 10Mbps.
With the same high-speed communication as CC-Link, we can establish a safety system that provides high performance.
Accurate detection of communication errors
Our safety communication design can detect every communication error or malfunction such as an unexpected delay of communication or erroneous data and then bring the system to a failsafe shutdown.
Unitize original assets and equipment for the safety network.
Existing CC-Link certified cables can be use for CC-Link Safety. In addition, original CC-Link compatible devices can reside on the same network that incorporates CC-Link Safety devices.
Maintain central network error and failure information.
Safety master station maintains error and failure histories of the safety remote stations. This function enhances in troubleshooting.
Disclosure – Information courtesy of http://www.cc-link.org