Melsec-Q, Profinet and ME1PN1FW-Q compatibility.
The following is a short write-up of the Melsec-Q Profibus card and Q-series CPU compatibility. In addition some implementation pointers are pointed out, which includes the configuration requirements.
ME1PN1FW-Q (aka ME1PN1FW-CCPU) is a Melsec-Q series controller for Profinet Communication. (it is also a C Controller compatible CPU).(Profinet IO Controller (Master))
- The communication protocols is Profinet
- More information HERE
- The following is the order details;
In terms of the installation – the following applies:
THIS manual will provide more information.
(This means that a QnU CPU will be required as a prerequisite, but is not a satisfactory condition.)
In terms of the card installation on an extension rack as well as the configuration software;
- One can use open slots on an extension bases for network card configuration.
- The software that will be used for the configuration for the Profinet card configuration is GX Configurator-PN 1.03
- This software will be used for the configuration of ME1PN1FW-Q
- This software is licenced – confirm that an license in place.
It must be pointed out that this card is based on the architecture of the Q12DCCPU-V C-Controller.
Some notes on this controller is as follows;
Q12DCCPU-V is a Melsec-Q series CPU. This specific one is a C Controller compatible CPU
Some take-away points:
- The only Melsec-Q card which have Profinet Master capabilities – is the ME1PN1FW-Q.
- Basically, as hardware ME1PN1FW-Q is a C controller which has special firmware for dedicated task.
- This card can be used in conjunction with QnUCPU Controllers;
- In addition this card cannot be used in conjunction with the QnHCPUs.