Here we will provide the only options available for the replacement of an MR-J2s Melservo amplifier.
Melservo MR-J2s amplifier is discontinued
The following is a breakdown of the System applicable;
- The MR-J2S is antiquated. It is not supplied, supported, repaired anymore. A quotation for the MR-J4 s required to replace the legacy amplifier.
- The program is to be uploaded, converted, and downloaded to the new servo amplifier. (For this MR-Configurator2 software will be needed.)
- We can recommend a replacement model for this unit, which is an MR-J4 series device. (transition migration is required and this does affect the parameters)
- In the case of the B-model – CNET is a communication protocol being used.
- MR-J2S used SCCNET I
- MR-J4 uses SSCNET III/h
These communication protocol versions are not inter-compatible, and thus a SSCNET Conversion module model will be required, in addition.
MR-J2s-200B replacement option example
For an MR-J2S-200b – the following migration hardware and software will be required;
Therefore the full set for replacement will be:
- MR-J4-200B-RJ020 (amplifier)
- MR-J4-T20 (SSCNET conversion module model)
- SC-J2SBJ4KT3K (Renewal Kit Model)
- MR-Configurator 2 (Engineering software)