A squick set of pointers and hints for the Upgrade Migration from a compact Melsec PLC to a different Melsec PLC Options.
Traditionally – the following migration paths are automatically accomodated (For the most part);
- Melsec-FX is being migrated to Melsec-iQ-F (Compact to Compact)
- Melsec-A,Q are being migrated to Melsec-iQ-R (Modular to Modular)
However, it is possible to move from FX to iQ-R – but with some points to note:
- Many Migration functions will NOT be automatically transferred – manual transfer or alterations (and in some cases even program engineering) will be required.
- The IO of the iQ-R must be applied and configured such that it complies to the IO of the FX CPU and modules.
- Any intelligent function cards. Modules and adaptor configuration settings – whether via the configuration tool or via PLC program – will be void and needs to removed and reconfigured.
- Any CPU special registers (SD) and special registers (SM) will have to be remapped manually.
In conclusion –
Only the basic PLC logic can be recycled. (this is why FX is traditionally transferred to iQ-F and not iQ-R).